I've put together a list of the top SEO plugins for Wordpress for those of you who are looking to increase organic traffic and help organize your SEO efforts. These SEO plugins give you every advantage necessary to start achieving top rankings for your Wordpress site, so check 'em out!
- Headspace2 - One of my favorite SEO plugins that I use for every Wordpress site I work on! The most powerful features include the ability to easily edit your page titles and meta tags.
- DD Sitemap Generator - My go-to plugin for easily creating a highly organized, search-friendly html sitemap.
- Google (XML) Sitemap Generator - Another easy-to-use and highly effective sitemap generator that I use to create my XML sitemaps which are submitted to all the major SE's.
- Breadcrumb NavXT - Breadcrumbs are not only great for your users but extremely helpful for the search engines. They build internal links and provide an easy structure for the search engine spiders to follow when indexing your site.
- Similar Posts - Use this simple plugin to display related posts across your site. This will also help with internal linking and will get more readers to read more of your posts. Win-win.
- SEO Title Tag - Similar to HeadSpace2, but without a lot of the different options. Use this plugin if you're just looking for an easy way to edit your title tags.
- Sociable - Let your readers add your posts to any number of social media sites, helping you build backlinks and generate more interest in your site.
- Simple Tags - Manage your WP tags, get suggestions on related tags and have the option to enable auto tagging based on your content.
- All In One SEO Pack - One of the most popular, most comprehensive SEO plugins for Wordpress. Handle your page titles, descriptions, keywords, content and more with this highly effective and easy to use plugin.
- SEO Smart Links - Great plugin to save you time with internally linking your different pages. Looks for words and phrases related to your page/post titles and links them up with each other.
- Google Positioner - Monitor your SEO efforts with the Google Positioner; tracking where your keywords rank in the SERP's.
- SEO Friendly Images - Optimize your images for the SERP's with one click.