Clients and friends alike are always asking me what blogs and sites I am reading to stay above the fold in the world of Search.
Within such a fast-paced industry, one of the most important things you need to do is keep up to date on new information. Here's a list of some of the industry's top bloggers, providing some of the best resources and information about search engine optimization, web marketing, and industry news.
So without further adieu, here is my list... Presented in random order ;)
- SEOmoz - What can we say about Rand and his crew? Part informational, part controversial, SEOmoz has great content as well as a great set of online tools for optimization.
- Marketing Pilgrim - I used to love to spam Andy's site with comments. Opps - Did I just that? Andy has a great site, along with a great free eBook on all things search. Get it here.
- Online Marketing Blog - Lee Oden's Top Rank Online Marketing Blog. I don't think Lee sleeps anymore. His travel schedule is amazing.
- Search Engine Land - Danny Sullivan's new powerhouse site since leaving Search Engine Watch. The Godfather. Nuff said...
- SEO Book - Aaron Wall is a tactical genuis
- Search Engine Roundtable - A wealth of content around search. Barry Schwartz and crew keep this blog updated multiple times per day with the latest happenings
- Matt Cutts - Matt is Google's blogger in residence. Tends to really get mad over paid links. He is the ultimate source on all things Google.
- StuntDubl - Todd Malicoat's site is an insightful link into all things search.
- SEO By The Sea - Our neighbor, Bill Slawski, keeps a close eye on the patent space and what is happening under the hood with in the search space.
- The Men of SEO - C'mon... Would somebody please hurry up and nominate me???